I am not partaking in Blogmas, Vlogmas, or any other 'mas and, I've been very restrained about posting Christmas related blogs. Until now. I mean, I don't want y'all thinking I'm a Scrooge McDuck, when in truth I love Christmas.
Kerri, over at Crumbs in the Bed, compiled several lots of Christmas tag questions into one post, which I've used for my own answers. So, here is everything you (probably never) wanted to know about my Christmases...
1. Do you open your gifts on Christmas eve or Christmas day?
Christmas Day, of course! I've never understood those who open them on Christmas Eve. It's just wrong.
2. Favourite Christmas song?
The Darkness - "Don't Let the Bells End". It's brilliant.
3. Favourite Christmas movie?
I'm not sure...I haven't actually seen that many. Of course Elf is great...and Home Alone. I like watching the Harry Potter movies, as even though they're not festive films, they feel Christmassy.
4. Favourite Christmas decoration?
I don't think I can choose just one. I love all my vintage deer and our stockings. One of my favourite things about Christmas decorations is the box mine are kept in - it's an old Lurpak butter thick cardboard box, which my parents kept the decorations in before I was even born. It's one of the things I always remember from my childhood and the sign that Christmas is on the way. I can't imagine keeping my tree decorations in anything else.
5. Favourite Christmas food?
Oh gosh, all of it! I love food! Probably all the 'special' nibbles that are everywhere. I'm more of a savoury fiend than sweet.
6. Favourite Christmas drink?
7. Snow or no snow?
Snow! When I was little, we had proper snow almost every winter. Now it's quite a rarity where I live. We haven't had any for a few years now, so I'm hoping for a good snowfall soon, especially as I now live on a big hill, where the snow will settle amazingly.
8. Do you send out cards, or not at all?
I try to make my own, but I didn't have time this year. I always send out a few to close friends, pen pals and immediate family. I don't go crazy giving them to every single person I've ever met though.
9. Do you secretly still believe in Santa Claus?
I don't remember ever truly believing in Father Christmas. Sadly, I was far too knowing as a child!
10. Your favourite winter clothing item?
Boots, woolly bobble hats and scarves - one can never have too many.
11. One beauty product that you can't live without this winter?
Lip balm. No question. My lips are really suffering in this cold snap.
12. Best Christmas memory?
One of my favourites was meeting Hannes and discovering that he's the kinda guy who will ride the carousel with me. Another one that makes me laugh is when my brother and I used to hate each other and one Christmas our gifts reflected it: he wrapped up a single Polo sweet for me and I gave him a single piece of Extra chewing gum. I think we both wrapped them in toilet paper. Ha!
13. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Ooh, probably somewhere Scandinavian, with snow and forests. Ideally staying in a cute log cabin, with an open fire and no obligation to go anywhere.
14. Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?
There are definitely times in the past that I would've been on the naughty list, but I'm fairly confident in saying I'm firmly on the nice list.
15. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Possibly when I was a kid, but I can't remember. I do remember yelling at my big brother one time, for trampling all over the snow in the garden and "Ruining the Narnia atmosphere". Haha. I don't think it was Christmas though.
16. Where do you usually spend your Christmas?
Usually my mum's on Christmas Day, then my dad's followed by Hannes's mum's on Boxing Day. This year though, we're popping to see people, then staying home for our own Christmas dinner with the furbabies.
17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Rudolph, Donner, Blitzen, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Cupid, Comet and Dasher. Oh yeah! (OK, I got seven and Hannes remembered the last two.)
18. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?
I've already done it - riding the carousel, followed by getting eggnog. Opening my stocking on Christmas morning is my other favourite.
19. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
It's fake, because the kitties don't need any more encouragement to climb it. I might try a real one next year though, as the scent is sooo good.
20. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I think I'm pretty good at giving gifts and traditionally I don't often receive things that I really want. So, I guess I prefer giving. I just wish I received the things I give!
21. Does your family have a special Christmas recipe you like to help make?
Nope. I traditionally bake things for gifts though.
22. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
Not pro, but I'm pretty good. I like to make them look pretty.
24. Do you make New Year resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I don't make them for precisely the reason that they set you up to fail. I usually make general aims, but I think that if you want to do something, you should do it, no matter what the time of year. Don't put it off by waiting for New Year.
25. Favourite Christmas gift?
Being well and alive to enjoy Christmas.
27. Favourite Christmas scent?
This might be a bit strange, but I love the smell of tinsel. It just conjures up memories of decorating the tree as a kid.
28. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Just the usual - hanging up stockings and such. I usually wrap my presents on Christmas Eve, whilst listening to old Christmas songs.
29. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I used to love going through the Argos catalogue and circling everything I wanted. The one thing I always begged for, but never got, was a lifesize, fluffy, white, battery operated dog on a lead, that walked along and barked and stuff. I think it was called Scamp.
30. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Time at home with my little family.
31. When does Christmas start for you?
Usually December 1st, when I put up the tree. This year it was a day earlier.
32. Do you bake a Christmas cake or buy one?
Neither. I hate Christmas cake, it's rank.
33. When do you start playing Christmas music?
Whenever I feel like it. This year I played Hanson's 'Snowed In' album on November 30th, as I put up the tree.
34. Advent calendar or no advent calendar?
Always advent calendar!
35. How does Santa get into your house?
Down the chimney, of course.
36. Mince pies, yay or nay?
I have to be in the right mood for mince pies. And they have to contain very minimal mixed peel, as I hate that stuff. But when the mood strikes, it's a definite yay.
37. Snowballs, eggnog, or mulled wine?
Eggnog, or mulled apple. Not mulled wine though - ick.
38. What tops your tree?
A cute little vintage angel I've had since I was little.
Congratulations if you made it this far! Big gold star for you. If you do the tag, make sure you leave a link in the comments - I'd love to read your answers.
All images used are taken by and are the property of Tiny Grey Cat, unless otherwise credited. The use of any image from this blog without express permission is strictly prohibited.